Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Are there Louboutin's on Venus?

Before Emmalyn arrived, my shopping consisted of a few things in addition to necessities:  home furnishings, clothes (for both me and Mike), and shoes.  Now days I try to restrain myself because I know my money would be better spent on my daughter.  But sometimes, a girl just needs a new pair of shoes!!  Or a new dress!  Especialy if its something she's been eyeing for a while!  

I enjoy bargain shopping.  I LIKE to find the very best deal I can on a particular item.  So I do my research before I ever leave home, and then I compare prices before I buy.  This is mostly true with home furnishings.  But I enjoy making sure I have gotten my money's worth.  I work hard for my money (and so does my husband), so I don't want to just throw it away.

 Don't misunderstand.  I LOVE all things fabulous.  And I justify my fabulous splurges on my bargain shopping in all other areas.  Some of my current fabulous favorites:

Egyptian-inspired dress with gold and pewter beading


Black Diane von Fursternberg Tie-Front Heaton Dress


 
Embroidered Silk Dress in navy

Christian Louboutin Poseidon in Gold


The ever-versatile nude pump (Yves Saint Laurent).  I like these because they have a slight pink sheen!

My favorites (and my next shoe purchase!) Nude, silver-studded Louboutin slingback!


How do men not understand that this kind of shopping is our equivalent to their stupid shopping?  My husband spends money on things like video game consoles and games, a projector and surround sound system for his media room, and other such things that I find irrelevant.  But he can't understand why I find just as much joy from buying (and wearing as often as possible) a fabulous pair of shoes!!  I guess men really are from Mars...

No comments:

Post a Comment