Friday, July 30, 2010

One Down, Only 40 to go...

One week down, only 40 more to go until another summer with my Emmalyn.

I survived my first week back at work.  And surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I had imagined.  Possibly because Emma only went to the babysitter from 8-12 each day, and then she went to work with me for the afternoon.  And really, that was only for Tuesday-Thursday because Monday and Friday I only really worked in the mornings.  Okay, so maybe it all seems a little ridiculous, especially since she will go to the sitter all day starting next week.  However, I think easing in to this really was the best idea since the 3 weeks leading up to going back to work, I was having panic attacks and breaking down crying at every little thing because I didn't want to leave her!

Don't get me wrong... I love my job.  Honestly, I do.  But after spending 4 whole months with my baby girl, I just couldn't imagine having to go do something other than be her mommy all day.  Sure, the lack of adult conversation can be mind-numbing at times, but the heart-warming that comes from raising a beautiful little girls more than makes up for it.

But I went to work, and I survived.  NO doubt that next week will be much harder, longer, and more painful.  But I think that if I can just get into a groove, I can survive.  One day at a time.  Ugh.  Easier said than done.

On the up side, Emma LOVES her babysitter!  And she loves the other kids that go to the babysitter!  Apparently Em is a bit of a social butterfly who is happiest around people (especially kids).  And she is getting really good at taking the bottle!  However, being at the babysitter's has led to Em having an addiction of her own... soft, fuzzy blankets with silky edges!  She fell in love with one, so of course we had to go get one!  I'm wondering if this will turn into an attachment...  

Either way, I'm glad that Em loves her babysitter... if she has to go, she might as well love her!  Now if I can just get through this...

2 comments:

  1. So glad it's going better than expected. And I think the blanket thing is a ploy on her part to make you buy her something each week for leaving her; this week a blanket? next week a car? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to stop by and leave a comment. I saw your comment on the cloth diaper whisperer and clicked on your picture. I am a fellow Aggie, and I used to be a teacher. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Where did you get the saw them off shirt for your daughter? It is super cute! I also love you storage idea for you cloth diapers. I have been looking for a good way to store mine, and that looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete